Bella Tromba trumpet quartet
Emma Bassett, Jo Harris
Becca Toft, Vickie van Uden
- Claudio Monteverdi: VESPERS of 1610: Arranged by Jo Harris Deus in Adiutorium meum intende Duo Seraphim
- Carlo Gesualdo: O Vos Omnes: Arranged by Paul Archibald
- Peter Longworth: Days of Bells and Flying Creatures
- George Enescu: Au Soir – Nocturne for Four Trumpets
- Vincent d’Indy: Rondino
- Gabriel Faure: Le Secret, Arranged by Jo Harris
- Henri Tomasi: Suite for Three Trumpets
- Traditional Cornish: Sweet Nightingale: Arranged by Becca Toft
- David Ferguson: Miles
- George Gershwin: I Got Rhythm
Bella Tromba is a unique all-woman brass ensemble who perform chamber music extensively in the UK and abroad. When not performing as a group, the four members have busy freelance schedules playing with Britten Sinfonia, English National Ballet, London Symphony Orchestra, London Sinfonietta, Jazz Jamaica All Stars Big Band and Welsh National Opera among others.
Their concert features a superbly atmospheric first half featuring some brilliant music by baroque masters Monteverdi and Gesualdo that is guaranteed to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up; along with some more recent work including a masterpiece of the repertoire by Enescu. The second half showcases the lighter side of the trumpet, and the group’s own exceptional playing abilities.
Bella Tromba’s instruments include the piccolo trumpet, bass trumpet and flugelhorn, as well as standard trumpets and cornets; so as with a string quartet expect a wide acoustic range and a variety of tones and colours.
Find out more about Bella Tromba